So here it is, my diary. I've started this to give me an idea of my recovery, and to give others hope.
Friday 19/05/2007
Not a good start to the day. My spine clicked at 6 this morning, and it seemed to get worse. The pain was awful, a diclofenac and 2 paracetamol didn't really touch it.
Later on it got better. Mark O'Donnell was broadcasting from Lydiard Park, (www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire)so we took a little wobble (on my crutches) to go and say hello. I was interviewed on air :-) It was a fabulous experience, far better than any pain relief.
This morning got better. It was our regular ladies lunch day, and I got some good bargains at the outlet village. I got a scooter from the mobility area, and coped much better than if I had walked. It was quite tough getting round some of the stores though, the aisles are not quite wide enough. I got what was needed though.
This afternoon I felt quite tired, but battled on. Driving may have been a bad idea, not only the tiredness, but I got the wrong shoes too. I had to go and fetch more meds from my surgery ( a whole other story) Dinner tonight was curtosy of Si, so at least I didn't have to cook.
Now its 9-30 and after a glass of cider I am feeling shattered. Tomorrows plan is to go and see a steam train, hopefully it will all go to plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment