Monday, 21 May 2007

Is it Monday already ??

Where did the weekend go? I seemed to have blinked and missed it.

We've had a good weekend, all things considered. Its been busy, but well worth it. On Saturday we watched a steam train pass through Swindon, not something you see every day. It was quite ironic and special, seeing it in the railway village area of town. It was a long and somewhat tiring day though.

Symptoms wise, I was a lot better on Saturday. I was able to drive and was reasonably comfortable. The tiredness seemed to hit me (pardon the pun) like a freight train. It was so difficult to stay focused in the evening, I ended up just sitting and relaxing.

Sunday seemed full on, even though we didn't get up to much. We all made it to church only 5 minutes late (a personal best for us) and it was lovely Mike leading worship. Our church have sponsored a boy in the Philippines, and Chloe drew a picture of the boy, Joshua, and of all the letters she wanted to send to him :-) I think its a fantastic idea, and look forward to helping Chloe write letters to him.

After church we popped to the outlet village to get Chloe some trainers. After we did that, we took a walk around the farmers market outside. There was so much to see and try. I bought a few bits, and have the intention to try some more sometime soon. By the end of it though I was getting very tired and weary. I ended up with an afternoon nap, as I was so exhausted.

Sunday evening is always a busy time here. I use the time to try and get ahead for the week. Last night my brain was so addled I couldn't think straight. I hate it when I get like this, its so frustrating. In the end I left Si to deal with the school bags and prepping things for the week ahead, and went to bed early with a diazapam.

This morning was fun......NOT! The GP surgery messed me around last week, and it ended up that I had to book an appointment to get some medication this morning as I had ran out. I have been feeling run down a lot and wasn't sure if the symptoms were hayfever or summer cold, it turns out its hayfever. At least its sorted now.

I did my bit of shopping, and came home. This afternoon turned into a blur as I was online for most of it, chatting and reading email. I really should be packing for the weekend away, but then when do I ever do what I'm told.

Tonights plan is to work through the mid afternoon slump I'm feeling now, get through dinner and bedtime routine for Chloe, then collapse in a heap after a shower. I don't intend on going anywhere, but all my good intentions usually end up being thrown into the wind.

No comments: