Oh gosh. What a time its been. After 9 months of uncertainty and upheaval we are now in a new home.
Its been a hellish move. We've gone from a four bedroom house with garage to a 2 bedroom end terrace a quarter of a mile away. We are still walking distance to school, and Chloe has already made a few friends in the close.
We've been here for 10 days, and we are still in a sea of boxes and bags. The charity shop has made a tidy profit from us, as has the tip unfortunatly. We're now in the process of finding homes for all our things and finding our way around our new home. For the first time, we have freeview in our bedroom, something I find so useful. I managed to "sneak peek" view Desperate Housewives at the weekend so now I am free to go to bed early tonight after a nice long, hot shower.
Since I last updated, lots of things have happened. My "little" brother is getting married in a months time. He asked his girlfriend of 10 years to be his wife back in January, and its been a whirlwind of planning etc. We are so pleased for them both and wish them love and happiness.
Chloe exceeded all our expectations during assessment week at school, and is thriving academically. She is enjoying reading Roald Dahl, at the moment we are reading Danny, Champion of the World. She has a spelling age of a 10 and a half year old, is taking part in the local music festival and is learning French after school. We are so proud of her. She has adapted well during the move too, with the help of her friends.
Illness wise, things have been up and down. Since the move I've had really disturbed sleep patterns and am sleeping more in the day, but with the stresses involved I expected that. The pain levels have been higher, something I also expected. I didn't expect the severity of "tramadol withdrawal" headaches though. With the frenzied moving I forgot doses at times, and have been made well aware of it :-( Today was one of those days too.
So now its onwards and upwards, enjoying a new home and a summer full of happiness and merriment. That is, if it ever stops raining!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment